Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Some things just can't wait.

I went to a yoga class for the first time ever this evening with my bestie, Brittany. It was the first time for both of us, and we sort of had a random assortment of expectations and were really nervous about the whole endeavor. We saw that our teacher's name was "Sam," and were automatically concerned it might be a guy. Luckily, it was a woman, and she was AWESOME. The session lasted for an hour and 45 minutes, and it was both difficult and relaxing and one of the greatest learning experiences ever. Sam started out with an anecdote about yoga applied to the real world, and the theme of the night included working hard and being passionate, but also being patient when you're working for something you really, really want, and keeping in mind that knowing your own limitations at a particular time is another form of strength. I feel great right now - I'm a little concerned about soreness tomorrow, but I'm really excited that Brittany and I have decided to take classes regularly, once a week, this upcoming year. I think increased flexibility is going to make my running training a million times better, plus it'll just make me feel more balanced and healthy. If I can balance yoga, drum lessons, work and the rest of my life, I think 2011 could shape up to be my best year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment